What are you wasting? – literally is YOUR money going up in flames?
Our Environment is being destroyed but you can do something about it!
I would like to give you some useful tips on the most boring topic out, but it could be the most beneficial thing you read this week.
- 60% of the British Population are not on the most economic tariffs for their energy – certainly all those on variable tariffs should review their costs.
- 15.32 million have never switched supplier, therefore likely to be paying over the odds.
- You can reduce your energy consumption with easy tweaks to your home.
- Sadly the majority of UK residents and businesses are polluting the World unknowingly
If wives tales (and my grandmother’s) are to be believed, it is going to be a cold winter 2020. Walking with my mother in the countryside there were thousands of rosehips, blackberries, rowanberry and other berries – which is said to be them preparing for a harsh winter and food stocks for the wildlife. So action is needed now.
Many people watch David Attenborough’s films and other programmes about the plight of the Environment but throw their hands up in despair as they feel they can’t do anything themselves. Well you can – and need to do it now!
It can save you money and the planet.
Just making some tweaks to your home can reduce pollution, swapping to a Green energy supplier and having a free quote could save you a lot of hard earned money, that you can then spend on yourself or your family or donate to charity. (Some tweaks not suitable or possible for all people, estimated average amounts given from a variety of sources)
What uses most energy in an average home?
|Water heater: 14% Try turning your thermostat down 1 degree = approx. 320 kg of CO2 reduction – the equivalent to 4.5 sheep in weight – £80 a year saving. A shower instead of a bath or 1 minute less in the shower. Turn off hot tap when not needed. Kettle – only fill what you need.|
|Washer and dryer: 13% Wash more often at 30 degrees = 57% less – maybe not so suitable during covid times, 60 degrees kills germs. Hang washing on a clothes horse or line or under a gazebo (£30/yr)|
|Lighting: 12% LED lightbulbs reduce consumption by 15% Turn off lights when not in use |
Kitchen Appliances: Freezer: Cool items before putting in and set freezer at -60 degrees. Electric oven: 3-4% usage Dishwasher: 2% – Handwashing dishes can save £25/year over using a dishwasher TV, DVD, cable box, wifi: 3%
– Turning off rather than leaving on standby at night/not in use can save up to 60%, £30/yr.
|Mobiles/laptops: Switch off at plug when not charging, don’t over charge. Computer/laptops: 1% – turn off at night or not in use.|
- Tin foil behind your radiators to reflect heat in, if solid walls (£10/yr)
- If you need hairdryers/straighteners – only turn on when using
- Keep fridges/freezers full, empty space takes more electricity to cool
- Multi-plugs with switches makes it easier to reach them to switch off
- Insulate cavity walls and loft – Govt grants available
- Put more layers of clothes on. Many thin layers better than one thick. Dress appropriately.
- Draughts – heat loss
- Under stairs cupboard – Put carpet underlay off cuts on the floor. Ram small strips under the skirting boards and in cracks in the wooden panelling.
- Do your skirting boards reach the floor tightly? Put draught excluder in and/or wooden beading.
- Smart Meter installed – you can see when you use high consumption appliances, find faulty ones that waste energy.
There are numerous other ways to reduce waste – not just wasting your money, but harming the environment unnecessarily.
For further tips on how to reduce your energy usage/waste and/or
to see how much Green energy can be cheaper for gas, electricity.
Contact: Felicity Leicester 07900 312634 email@example.com
I need more people to help me Green up our communities – please find out more.
I look forward to helping you before the winter sets in.
PLEASE HELP YOURSELF, OUR ENVIRONMENT AND THE FUTURE .
OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN WILL THANK YOU.
REDUCE WASTE AND POLLUTION NOW!