Now that the UK has announced an easing of lockdown restrictions, restaurants, pubs and cafes will have something to look forward to, from the 4th of July 2020. Joyce Ong reports.
Establishments that are able and willing to comply with new social distancing measures in place, will reopen.
It’ll be interesting to see if customers will come back by the droves, or avoid these establishments. Some, like Wetherspoons, are well prepared for this and have created an app which allows anyone with an iPhone or Android phone to order food and drinks to their table, without leaving their seat.
This helps to allay fears of contagion spread for both staff and their customers, and simply makes good business sense. As a restaurant / pub / cafe business, here’s a sure-fire list of benefits you can have with a food and drink ordering app:
- Order a meal, a round of drinks or both, hassle-free – let the staff bring them to you.
- The customer pays for the meal or drink upfront – no calling for the staff’s attention in vain, having to wait to pay or be too uncomfortably close to a stranger.
- If you have a chain of establishments, an app makes it easier for customers to find directions to and information about each of your establishments.
- Selling merchandise such as gift vouchers? No problem, have them on the app so your customers can browse, pay, even collect the goods while they’re there
- Want a quick, easy way to message your customers on special occasions, remind them of your offers, or simply love to share your Instagram posts or YouTube videos with them? That’s right – you can send out push notifications from the app in seconds
If you’ve been reading this article, I hope this gives you food for thought (pardon the pun).
Affordable and user friendly
Having a food and drink ordering app really doesn’t have to be an expensive luxury, contrary to popular thinking. As a matter of fact, there are well designed, user friendly and affordable options on the market, which if promoted properly, will generate a return on your investment within months.
As a Marketing Consultancy providing App, Web and SEO solutions for small and medium sized businesses in the UK, we have collectively worked with many small businesses on app projects such as food ordering apps.
If your establishment is planning a reopening come July 4th, contact us to discuss how we can help you find a timely, cost effective and customer friendly solution.
About Joyce Ong
Joyce runs Marketing Tech, a Marketing Consultancy for small and medium sized businesses, and together with a technology partner, deliver solutions such as mobile apps, websites/landing pages and Search Engine Optimisation services.
Marketing Tech is more than an app developer, web developer, or SEO provider – we work with the business providing 360 degree Marketing Advice to ensure you and your team will generate results from your marketing investment.
Joyce has more than twenty-five years of Corporate and SME marketing experience in Singapore, Zurich and London, a passion for marketing technology and uses her experience and skills to champion SMEs and facilitate digital transformation within organisations.>https://www.marketingtech.london/